Family...there's NOTHING like it! I know how much people love their color photos... and, don't get me wrong, I do too!!
But when you take away all the colorful noise of the picture... the clothing...the background...the weather... you're often left with pure perfection.
Like what these two sugar plums share. SO much love!! Between the girls...and their parents...in their family... all captured in this gorgeous, black and white moment!
And what a fantastic holiday card it makes!
Like what you see? Want to see more? I have TONS of options for digital Christmas cards and boutique cards! Traditional, modern, classic, and funky! Something to fit every family's style!! Let me hear from you: email@example.com And come see me on Facebook!
Bring me your gorgeous babies, so you can remember the moments when they were little and sleepy when they're not so little and not so sleepy anymore!! firstname.lastname@example.org And come see the babes on Facebook!
Talk about a once in a lifetime experience!
Every decision in your life brings you to this place, this day, this time...
Add some baby dust, luck, magic, nine months' time...
all those moments come together...
And then there's this gorgeous baby that's all yours forever and always!
I can go on and on about how much I LOVE birth photography,
but you don't need to hear it from me.
Hear it from her.
A mother I was fortunate enough to work with
who can tell you in her own words
why YOU will love birth photography as much as I do.
1. What made you first consider birth photography? We initially were looking for maternity pictures to be taken to document our last pregnancy. When I found the information on birth photography, I was very excited and nervous. I was not sure what to expect and what exactly birth photography was.
2. Did you have any hesitation about including a photographer at such an intimate moment in your life? I NEVER had any hesitation about you being there. It is such an intimate moment in our lives, and for it to be captured from your perspective is amazing!
3. What finally made you decide this was a good idea for you to partake in? I really wanted to have pictures to document the entire process. I wanted so badly to have photos so that I could look back and relive every single detail possible! When I saw your first birth photography, slideshow, I was in tears and knew that I made the right decision! I could not wait for you to be there for our big day!
4. What was the best part of the birth photography experience? During the labor/birthing process, there is so much going on. It's so difficult to focus on everything happening around you. During it all, I so desperately wanted to know if we were having a boy or girl that everything else faded into the background. With the birth photography, I was able to see the special moments that you captured...the photos have such emotion and take me back into the moment! I am so very grateful to you, Chelse, for all these photos that our family will cherish for a lifetime!!
5. How did your spouse, family, and friends respond to the photos? My family and friends were truly AMAZED by the birth photos! When the slideshow was viewed, there was not a dry eye in the house. It was such a beautiful experience, and the way it was captured was truly amazing! The family that could not be present at the hospital still felt as if they were there during the entire birthing process just by looking at the photos.
6. What will you tell your child, when she is old enough to understand, about these photos? When she gets older, I cannot wait to show her the photos of her first appearance entering the world! It is powerful to see her first breath, her tiny, little features, and the miracle of life that goes with it. I wish I had documented all my girls this way!
7. Which is your favorite photo from your session and why? This is a tough question! I LOVE all of them so much. If I had to choose just one, it would be the one of us with Karleigh just minutes after birth. It captures that magical family moment of new life and the love that we have for her and each other.
Want more information about birth photography?
Email me at email@example.com!
And don't forget to follow along on Facebook!
This week: Maternity, because it is one of my favorite subjects...what is more fleeting? Magical?
I know you don't always feel beautiful, but you ARE!
And you MAY never experience this again in your WHOLE life.
Let's talk digital files....
They are all the rage. Us professionals are not sure what to make of it.
We always want our clients to have what they want, and we of course live off of our income so we need to supply what is in demand...BUT, are they the best for you?
I can't tell you HOW very many, many clients ONLY buy the disk.
Then, they come in the next year and do another session,
I ask, "What did you do with your photos?"
They reply,"Oh gosh, nothing yet. They are still on the disk."
Me: "Did you post them on Facebook or make a gallery to share with your family far away or something?"
Client: "No, I just got busy. Haven't done much with them yet."
ME: "What did you do with your files?"
Client: "I printed them out at Walmart."
Good god, the quality...I have shared links before with comparisons on the quality of printing, I have shared stories about what I have witnessed as the 18 year old behind the counter at various "pharmacy" printers responds to their customers who say, "My photos are pink, is that right?"
But it doesn't matter.
People still end up their with their disks. I don't blame you! You may not know the difference!!
So, what do I suggest?!?
Purchase professional prints of the photos you love and cherish.
If you want the digital files for your archives
(in case something happens to your portraits or you decide you want them for graduation, weddings, holiday cards),
I still want you to have them, maybe not all of your favorites if it is not in the budget,
but your most favorite.
Get something special.
A beautiful album!
Something you can show people when they come over without having to sit in front of a computer or search for a disk.
Something every time you walk by, makes you smile.
Something you can pass down to generations.
I will now offer Facebook files (5) for purchases of $800 or more.
So don't worry about those!
I will also NOW offer consultations after sessions to help you decide what prints you would like to order...help you plan and decide...instead of storing that disk away.
Do you want this on a disk?? Or in your living room....